Posted: Oct 05, 2021
The Pima Community College women's soccer team (9-2, 4-1 in ACCAC) picked up another victory on the road on Tuesday downing Chandler-Gilbert Community College (2-7, 0-4).
- The No. 9 ranked Aztecs took the lead in the first half and held off the Coyotes in the end with a 2-1 win in Chandler. The Aztecs have won three straight and five out of their last six games.
- Freshman Mari Acosta (Sahuarita HS) put the Aztecs on the scoreboard in the 30th minute with an assist from sophomore Kaitlyn Bassett (Sabino HS).
- The score remained for much of the second half until the Aztecs added a critical insurance goal when sophomore Alyssa Kopach (Ironwood Ridge HS) found the back of the net with her goal in the 83rd minute to put Pima up 2-0. Freshman Caitlyn Maher (Catalina Foothills HS) provided the assist.
- The Coyotes scored when Elena Etchamendy scored in the 85th minute.
- The Aztecs finished with eight shots on goal. Sophomore Angelina Amparano (Salpointe Catholic HS) closed out the game with four saves.
- The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Soccer Field at the Chapman Automotive Sports Complex on Saturday for a tough match-up against No. 8 ranked Scottsdale Community College. The match begins at 4:30 p.m.