Posted: Oct 02, 2021
The Pima Community College women's soccer team (8-2, 3-1 in ACCAC) earned another victory at the West Campus Aztec Soccer Field on Saturday after hosting Mesa Community College (4-6-1, 2-2-1).
- The No. 9 ranked Aztecs beat the Thunderbirds 3-2 as Pima scored all three goals in the first half and held off Mesa from forcing overtime. The Aztecs remain undefeated at 5-0 in home games this season.
- Freshman Delaney Buntin (Cienega HS) put the Aztecs on the board in the 5th minute with an assist from sophomore Litycia Espinoza (Sahuarita HS). The Thunderbirds tied the score just two minutes later with a goal from Rylee Rottweiler
- Sophomore Twyla Himmel (Ironwood Ridge HS) put the Aztecs up for good at 2-1 with her goal in the 27th minute. Sophomore Seti Valencia (Sunnyside HS) had the assist. Valencia scored an insurance goal in the 33rd minute to make it 3-1 with an assist from sophomore Kaitlyn Bassett (Sabino HS).
- Rottweiler scored again for Mesa in the 66th minute. The Thunderbirds outshot the Aztecs 7-2 in on-goal attempts in the second half.
- The Aztecs finished with 10 shots on goal for the game and sophomore Angelina Amparano (Salpointe Catholic HS) closed out the game with 11 saves.
- The Aztecs will play at Chandler-Gilbert Community College on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m.