The Pima Community College women's basketball team had two representatives on this year's NJCAA Division II All-Americans list as the teams were released on Monday.
- Sophomore guard Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) was named first team NJCAA All-American for the second straight year and fellow sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) earned a nod for the second team.
- Nakai set the Pima women's basketball school records in points (1,397) and assists (442) and became the first Pima women's basketball player to be named outright ACCAC Player of the Year.
- She led the ACCAC conference and was third in the NJCAA in scoring and assists averaging 24.1 points and 6.7 assists per game as she played and started in 35 games. She was named ACCAC Division II Player of the Week nine times in her Pima career.
- Bribiescas earned second team All-ACCAC and first team All-Region I, Division II.
- She finished with 13 double-doubles on the season in points and rebounds. She averaged 15.8 points, 8.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.1 blocks per game and played in all 36 games; making 35 starts.
- Nakai and Bribiescas helped guide the Aztecs to a fifth place finish at the NJCAA Division II Tournament and their first NJCAA Region I, Division II title since 2016. Nakai was named to the NJCAA Division II All-Tournament team.
- Nakai and Bribiescas are the first women's basketball duo to be named NJCAA All-Americans since Tia Morrison and Abyee Maracigan in 2010. Todd Holthaus has produced nine NJCAA All-American since 2007.
The Aztecs closed out the season with a 24-12 overall record. Nakai and Bribiescas finished with their careers with a 47-21 overall record in two years.
Check out the women's basketball NJCAA Division II All-American teams on the NJCAA website