The Pima Community College women's basketball team (16-11, 12-7 in ACCAC) rallied but could not hold on to the lead in the end at South Mountain Community College (14-9, 11-8).
- The No. 17 ranked Aztecs fell to the Cougars 89-87. The Aztecs hold a one-game lead over South Mountain for the No. 1 seed at the Region I, Division II tournament with three games left in the regular season.
- The Aztecs trailed 77-67 after the third quarter, rallied to tie the game with 1:30 left, and took a two-point lead with 42 seconds left.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) finished with a game-high 29 points on 12 for 20 shooting. She also grabbed eight rebounds.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) posted 23 points as she went 4 for 8 from long range. She also had seven rebounds. She sits with 1,181 career points and is 13 shy of Tia Morrison's record (1,194).
- Freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) scored 10 points with six boards. Sophomores Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) and RyLeigh Long each contributed with nine points.
- The Aztecs split the regular season meetings with the Cougars. Pima won 108-63 last month at the West Campus Gym.
The Aztecs will host two of their final three regular season games. They'll face off with Chandler-Gilbert Community College on Wednesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium. Tipoff will be at 5:30 p.m.
PCC 17 22 28 20 87
SMCC 22 22 33 12 89