Posted: Mar 31, 2021
The Pima Community College men's tennis team (1-2) earned its first win of the season on Wednesday against Glendale Community College.
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs shut out the Gauchos 9-0 at the West Campus Aztec Tennis Courts.
- Sophomore Corey Pabst defeated Francisco Angulo 6-3, 6-1 in the No. 1 singles match. Freshman Anton Nazaroff (Catalina Foothills HS) beat Bryan Castanon in the No. 2 singles match 6-1, 6-1.
- Freshman Mason Lee (Catalina Foothills HS) won his No. 3 singles match over Kyle Cang 6-1, 6-2. Freshman Mitchell Wilkinson (Catalina Foothills HS) played a tough match at No. 4 singles but was able to defeat Brady Snow in three sets 6-2, 1-6, 1-0 (3).
- Sophomore Landon Strickland beat Steven Muto in their No. 5 singles match 6-0, 6-1 and freshman Emanuel Robles-Serrano (Desert View HS) downed Anthony Kulik at No. 6 singles 6-1, 6-0.
- The Aztecs dominated doubles play as Pabst and Lee beat Angulo and Castanon 8-3 in the No. 1 doubles match. Nazaroff and Wilkinson won at No. 2 doubles over Cang and Snow 8-2. Strickland and Robles-Serrano defeated Muto and Kulik 8-2 at No. 3 doubles.
The Aztecs will play at Paradise Valley Community College on Tuesday in Phoenix. The match begins at 1:30 p.m.