Tucson, AZ – The Pima Community College men's basketball team produced its third NJCAA All-American in any many years as the All-American teams were released on Monday.
- Sophomore guard Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) was named first team NJCAA All-American.
- Carrasco is the fourth Aztecs men's basketball player to receive the All-American nod under coach Brian Peabody. Keven Biggs (Cienega HS) was named to the second team last season and Deion James (Empire HS) earned first team honors in 2017. Murphy Gershman (Tucson HS) was selected second team All-American in 2015.
- Carrasco led the Aztecs with a 19.8 scoring average as he broke the Pima school record in points in a two-year career. He passed fellow NJCAA All-American Greg Cook (1980) to become the all-time leader with 1,310 points.
- Carrasco also averaged 4.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 1.3 steals per game this season. He played and started in all 36 games for the Aztecs. Carrasco helped lead the Aztecs to a seventh place finish at the NJCAA Division II Tournament and the program's third straight NJCAA Region I, Division II title.
- He finished second in the ACCAC Player of the Year voting. He earned first team All-ACCAC and first team All-Region I, Division II awards.
The Aztecs closed out the season with a 29-7 overall record. The Aztecs were 60-12 overall in two years with Carrasco.
See the complete list of the men's basketball NJCAA Division II All-American teams on the NJCAA website