The Pima Community College men's basketball team (27-7) bounced back in the consolation bracket at the NJCAA Division II Tournament on Thursday.
- The No. 3 seeded Aztecs defeated No. 6 St. Clair County Community College 93-75 advancing to another consolation game on Friday.
- The Aztecs went on a 13-2 run in three and half minutes to take a 35-18 lead with 5:40 left in the half. The Skippers (27-8) scored the final five points of the half but Pima still led by double digits at 39-29 at the break.
- St. Clair County cut Pima's lead to single digits at 46-37 at the 16:31 mark but the Aztecs went on a 21-6 run to take their biggest lead of the game at 67-43. Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) had nine points during that stretch. He was scoreless in the first half for the second straight game.
- The Skippers cut Pima's lead to 16 points at 76-60 but that's as close as they would get.
- Sophomore Kennedy Koehler posted his 20th double-double of the season as he finished with 26 points and 15 rebounds on 10 for 14 shooting.
- The rest of the Pima starters also scored in double figures. Freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) scored 18 points and had seven rebounds while sophomore Robert Wilson posted 16 points and eight rebounds. Carrasco contributed with 13 points for the game and freshman Jordan Robinson had 11 points and four steals.
- The Aztecs out-rebounded the Skippers 54-36 for the game.
The Aztecs will return to the court on Friday when they play No. 15 seed Pitt Community College (NC) (24-9) in a consolation game at 11:00 a.m. (CT); 9:00 a.m. (MST).
SCCCC 29 46 75
PCC 39 54 93