The Pima Community College men's basketball team (21-5, 14-4 in ACCAC) have secured the No. 1 seed for the NJCAA Region I, Division II Tournament after Wednesday's win at Mesa Community College (12-13, 8-10).
- The No. 10 ranked Aztecs defeated the Thunderbirds 90-77. It was Pima's 17th win in the last 19 games.
- The Region semifinals are Wednesday, Mar. 6. There are four regular season games remaining.
- Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) scored a game-high 27 points on 10 for 15 shooting to go along with six rebounds. He now has 1,145 points as he looks towards Murph Gershman's (Tucson HS) total of 1,210 points.
- Sophomore Kennedy Koehler scored 19 points and grabbed eight boards. Fellow sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) posted his 13th double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. He also had four assists.
- Sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) went 6 for 7 from the field and finished with 13 points with four rebounds and five assists. Freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) posted 10 points and seven rebounds. Freshman Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) had four points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
- The Aztecs beat the Thunderbirds 100-68 last month at the West Campus Gymnasium.
The Aztecs hit the road against on Saturday as they play at South Mountain Community College. Tipoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
PCC 39 51 90
MCC 26 51 77